Super easy BBQ ribs you can whip up in 40 mins!
This feeds two people :D
For the ribs:
500g of Baby Back Ribs
1 can of Beer
1 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar
1 cup of Water
1/2 teaspoon of Liquid Smoke
BBQ Sauce (Any kind you like!)
For the bbq rub:
2 tablespoons of brown sugar
1 tablespoon of paprika
1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
1 teaspoon of sea salt
1 teaspoon of chilli powder
1 teaspoon of garlic powder
1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Rinse ribs and pat them dry with kitchen towel
- In a small bowl, mix together the brown sugar, paprika, ground black pepper, sea salt, chilli powder, garlic powder and onion powder.
- Rub the mixture generously all over the ribs, coating all the sides
- Place the trivet (or rack) in the bottom of the Instant Pot/Pressure Cooker.
- Pour in the water, beer, apple cider vinegar, liquid smoke into the pot
- Place the ribs on the trivet, wrapping around like a circle with the bones facing inside.
- Cover and seal, cook on manual pressure for 23 minutes, followed by natural pressure release for 5 minutes, then quick release
- Coat the BBQ sauce generously on the ribs
- Optional: Finish in oven/broiler for two minutes
I personally didnt like the oven/broiler part because it made the meat slightly tougher. Would have opted for the blow torch to give it a final caramelised finish