In this week’s Catching up with the Kelnhofers, I’m sharing some great recipes for you to bookmark for Halloween (including great ones to make with the kids)! Plus, an item you need to purchase if the fall leaves are crazy in your yard like they are in ours.
Halloween is right around the corner! Here are some spooktacular recipes to bookmark for Halloween:
- Halloween snack mix – perfect for making ahead to have on hand for snacking on
- Frankenstein cookies – fun activity to do kids or even to have for a holiday treat!
- Bat pudding cups – jazz up a pudding cup to look like a spooky bat
- These shortbread bars are perfect for using leftover halloween candy in!!!
- In terms of food for dinner, might I suggest this amazing slow cooker chili – you can have it cooking low and slow while trick or treating, and everyone can add their favorite toppings to make their perfect bowl of chili.
- If you’re vegetarian, here is my favorite vegetarian chili recipe
Sharing the latest posts up on Sweetphi.com:
- Instant Pot Cheesy Potatoes – only 5 ingredients!
- Meal plan – weekly plan to make your eating easier.
- Slow cooker cranberry chicken – a creative chicken dish that is perfect for the fall – uses fresh cranberries.
- Slow cooker chili bar – if you’re having a group over for the game or any fall/winter dinner, check this recipe out, everyone can have their perfect toppings and bowl of chili.
- Love List – weekly finds from the SweetPhi team
- Sausage puff pastry appetizer – great for any gathering!
- These ground turkey sloppy joes are SO GOOD! I like to make a double batch of filling to have in the freezer, and then when we need a quick dinner I’ll just microwave it and serve it with buns. I’m going to make these ahead of time for when the baby arrives so we have some meals.
- Also making these beef and zucchini burritos on repeat – such a great way to get some veggies in (and they’re just amazing to have on hand in the freezer!)
- I mentioned I was craving these Ghirardelli brownies on IG stories and Ben came home from his Nanas with brownies!!!
- Nick was grilling when it was drizzling so Ben stayed inside and handed him seasonings lol (we do this grill meal prep and make burgers with this burger seasoning.
I love hearing when my readers get creative with a recipe and it works out great! Check ou this comment on my recipe for upside down apple and pear loaf:
- “I made this recipe a few weeks ago using only pears (that a neighbor had given us from their prolific pear tree). The loaf came out soooo yummy!”
One reader just shared their recreation of my glazed pork tenderloin with mashed potatoes and it looks amazing!
- Ok, are you guys ever confused by all of the symbols on various items of clothing. Ha, I know, I’m a grown adult and should know what each of them mean at this point, but I don’t so I ordered one of these for our laundry room.
- Taking a departure from novels and reading Open Book by Jessica Simpson and whoa is it good, and emotional, and surprising. I’m two chapters in and have cried multiple times. People have definitely underestimated her – like when she casually lets it drop that her fashion company surpassed a billion dollars. The story is really engaging and I’m really loving it to be honest.
- Patiently waiting for Laine Moriarty’s new book called Apples Never Fall from the library, cannot wait!
- Pinecone mummies – the library gave the cutest craft for the kids, pinecone mummies! It’s literally just large pinecones with white felt and eyeballs. They loved making them and point to them and say ‘mummies mommy’
- Leaves – I swear, all the leaves collect on our front lawn lol. We were trying to rake, and the twins were just sitting there with their little chairs and umbrellas (it wasn’t raining). We decided to purchase this leaf vacuum and bag because it’s out of control!!
- Cute moments – Frankie wanted to dress to match me, it was so cute! Nick and one of his sisters took the kids to the park, and we’re trying to teach Freddie/Frankie how to drink out of cups so we can use the bottle rack for the new baby!
Just a reminder, we have an amazing meal plan that we publish weekly, every Saturday. With each plan, you’ll get 5 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and a treat… And, a super easy to create grocery list.
- This lentil soup is so cozy and perfect for fall (and a great way to get veggies in!!)
- Someone just recommended that I start watching Only Murders in the Building so it’s next on my list!
- I’ve been hearing/seeing on social media that Walmart has a knockoff sweater for $15. It’s a Barefoot dreams $100+ knockoff. The Barefoot dreams ones are so soft, and I’ve heard the Walmart brand Time and Tru is amazing.
- Also, this leaf vacuum and bag I mentioned in personal stories, it’s a must this year
It’s been hot here – but now is starting to feel like fall – how about where you live? Just leave a comment below and let me know!!