It's time for Part 2 of my annual Holiday Gift Guide for Food Lovers! This year, many of us will be celebrating the holiday season without a traditional big family gathering due to taking part in COVID social distancing. That said, most of us still want to send our loved ones a present. This year, I'm showcasing gift ideas that can be ordered online and shipped anywhere in the U.S. The eight food items I'm sharing today have one thing in common: they provide maximum deliciousness...and comfort! Just because this holiday season will likely look different from our normal doesn't mean we have to forego every tradition. I can't wait to share my picks for the very best food gifts for all the foodies in you life! From holiday sweets...to savory soups...and more? I've got you covered!
(1) Levain Bakery™ Signature Cookie Assortment ($27 + Shipping). For many New Yorkers...and tons of visitors...Levain Bakery has the best chocolate chip cookies on the planet! For us, no NYC trip is ever complete without lining up outside Levain's Upper West Side location to pick up a few of their humongous -- we're talking 2 inches high and 4 inches around -- chocolate chip cookies to enjoy! Because of their size, they bake up crispy outside and gooey inside. Since travel isn't on the agenda at the moment, I was excited to discover Levain Bakery ships its freshly baked six-ounce cookies across the country!! For a perfect cookie sampler, I suggest their Signature Cookie Assortment. It includes one each of their four classic original cookie flavors: signature Chocolate Chip Walnut, Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip, Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip, and Oatmeal Raisin.
The cookies are neatly stacked inside a cellophane bag, then tied with a blue ribbon. The package of cookies is then carefully packed in a box and shipped. My cookies arrived in perfect condition, ready to eat straight out of the box. If your gift recipient is patient, however? They're even better heated in the oven to 5-10 minutes first. That will allow them to most accurately replicate the in-person Levain Bakery cookie experience at home. Levain Bakery's entire cookie lineup can be purchased via their convenient Online Shop.
(2) Spoonful of Comfort Holiday Hygge Soup Package ($79.99 + shipping). What could be more comforting on a chilly holiday evening than a warm pot of homemade soup, crusty rolls, and freshly baked cookies? Nothing! Spoonful of Comfort is a fantastic way to pamper those special loved ones on your holiday shopping list. Their seasonal Holiday Hygge Soup Package is the epitome of "hygge" -- a Danish word that means comfort or contentment. This holiday gift includes everything needed for a comforting, homey family meal that feeds up to six hungry people:
Large jar of scratch made gourmet soup (4-6 generous servings)
Six delicious rolls that reheat perfectly
Six holiday cookies -- choose from Gingerbread, Triple Chocolate Chunk, Oatmeal Raisin, Sugar, and Snickerdoodle (my personal favorite)
Ladle to serve up holiday comfort and joy
Soup options include Chicken Noodle (SO GOOD!!), Creamy Corn and Potato Chowder, Chicken and Wild Rice, Clam Chowder, and Poblano Chicken Chowder. There are also two vegetarian options available: Tomato Basil and Harvest Vegetable.
Even if we can't celebrate in person with our far-away loved ones this year...we can send them a comforting meal across the miles! To purchase a Holiday Hygge Soup Package -- or any of Spoonful of Comfort's seasonal holiday gifts -- check out their online Holiday Store.
(3) County Line BBQ Air Ribs Online Delivery Service. For homesick Texans -- or anyone who simply enjoys eating great BBQ -- The County Line's convenient Air Ribs online delivery service lets you send a smokys taste of Texas anywhere in the U.S.! Texas-based County Line BBQ Air Ribs service offers meats that are slow smoked, then frozen and vacuum-packed to seal in the meat's natural flavor and juices. Simply thaw the smoked meats and reheat whenever you're ready to enjoy some authentic Texas BBQ! Air Ribs holiday gift options include the following packages:
Baby Back Pork Ribs ($89.99): Full rack of tender baby back pork ribs and a bottle of Wild Pork Bar-B-Q Sauce.
Beef Ribs ($119.99): Full rack of legendary slow-smoked beef ribs and a bottle of Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce.
Beef Brisket ($115.99): A whole unsliced slow-smoked beef brisket and a bottle of Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce.
County Line Special Recipe Sausage ($79.99): Two three-pound packages of slow-smoked, special recipe sausage, bottle of Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce, and a Talking Cowboy CD.
Rib King Combo ($99.99): One rack each of beef and baby back pork ribs, which feeds 3 to 4 people. Includes one bottle of Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce, one bottle of Wild Pork Bar-B-Q sauce, and a Talking Cowboy CD.
Beef Brisket & Special Recipe Sausage ($139.99): One whole unsliced brisket, three pounds of special recipe sausage, a bottle of Legendary Bar-B-Q Sauce, and a Talking Cowboy CD.
All Air Ribs BBQ packages are shipped inside a reusable insulated cooler that's packed with a freezer pack. The insulated cooler is then put inside a gift box for further insulation and protection. My package arrived to me still frozen! Not sure which package to gift? No problem! An Air Ribs gift card is a great gift that lets your gift recipient choose their preferred BBQ package. Gift cards are available in $25 increments; they can be used to order an Air Ribs package OR for dining at any County Line or State Line restaurant location. To order Air Ribs BBQ packages and gift cards, simply visit the convenient Air Ribs online store.
(4) Ladurée Paris Holiday Macaron Box ($45.50 via Goldbelly). There are macarons...and
then there are Ladurée French macarons! If you've never tasted a macaron, you're in for a real gourmet treat. Although the name is similar, a macaron is not the same thing as a macaroon -- which is mostly comprised of coconut. A French macaron features two delicate cookies made with sweetened egg whites and ground almonds...which are sandwiched together with a variety of tasty fillings. Ladurée macarons are the gold standard, where they've been available to pastry lovers in Paris since 1862!
Their signature holiday macaron box contains a dozen macarons in a variety of delicious flavors...including Caramel, Chocolate, Lemon, Pistachio, Raspberry, and Vanilla. The macarons are carefully nestled into a plastic container with a top and bottom to ensure they arrive in pristine condition. The macarons are then presented in a beautiful box decorated with festive holly branches and golden pines. U.S. shipping for the 12-Macaron Holiday Box...and the entire Ladurée holiday collection...is available via Goldbelly's Ladurée Seasonal Collection page.
(5) Theo Peppermint Drinking Chocolate ($9.99 + shipping). When the weather turns cooler, there's nothing many of us love more than a steaming mug of hot cocoa. Theo Chocolate's Limited Edition Peppermint Drinking Chocolate takes hot cocoa to new gourmet heights! This organic, fair trade artisan drinking chocolate is supremely rich and decadent...because it's made with chopped Theo's 55% dark chocolate that's infused with organic peppermint oil and a touch of vanilla. This drinking chocolate is rich and indulgent, so a little bit goes a long way. For each serving, simply heat 4 ounces of milk OR other non-dairy alternative until steaming. Then, whisk in 3 tablespoons of Theo's Peppermint Drinking Chocolate. That's all it takes to pamper up to six people with a mug of decadent cocoa. All you need is a plate of freshly baked holiday cookies for a perfect snack around the Christmas tree!
Theo Peppermint Drinking Chocolate is an ideal stocking stuffer. It's also a great "thank you gift" for teachers, doctors, postal workers, and anyone else you want to recognize with a comforting treat this holiday season. To order Peppermint Drinking Chocolate...or anything from Theo's seasonal chocolate line...visit Theo's website.
(6) Misaky Tokyo Crystal Treat 5-Piece Jewel Box ($40 + shipping). For a truly unique holiday present for inquisitive foodies, look no further than Misaky Tokyo's Crystal Treats! This is a truly one-of-a-kind treat that's vegan, gluten-free, and contains no additives. These sweets look like beautiful faceted jewels. They feature a thin, crispy outer sugar shell and a flavored jellied filling inside. Creative natural flavors in this five-piece collection include Jade (Matcha), Red Beryl (Hibiscus Cranberry), Amber (Yuzu + Yuzu Peel), Phantom (Rose Water + Rose Water), and Ametrine (Butterfly Pea, Lavender & Mango). The texture of Crystal Treats is really unique...and the flavors are subtly delicious.
These delicate candies are individually wrapped and packaged inside a sturdy, reusable green jewel box. The end result is a sophisticated, beautiful presentation! To purchase this -- and other available -- Misaky Tokyo Crystal Treat collections, visit their Online Shop.
(7) Smart Sips Single Serve Cup Perk Box Gourmet Variety Sampler ($19.99, including shipping). Do you have any coffee lovers on your holiday gift list? If so, a Smart Sips Perk Box Gourmet Variety Sampler is a gift that will keep giving into the new year! This versatile coffee sampler box contains 24 single-serve cups that are compatible with all Keurig K-cup machines. The Gourmet Variety Sampler Perk Box contains hand-picked, gourmet coffee flavors like Cinnamon Sugar Cookie, Cinnamon Roll, and Chocolate Mint. Looking to focus on a specific flavor profile -- maybe liqueurs or chocolate? No problem! Smart Sips can work with you to customize your Gourmet Variety Sampler.
Speaking of customization, the Perk Box Gourmet Variety Sampler can be configured to include more than coffee! They also offer decaf coffee, cappuccino, latte, and hot chocolate cups. Every Perk Box is carefully assembled, wrapped in tissue paper, and presented in a smart black and teal box. To purchase the Gourmet Variety Sampler -- or any other Perk Box -- visit the Smart Sips online ordering portal.
(8) Dinnerly Meal Kit Box (price varies, depending on box selected). This holiday season is definitely more hectic than most. Many people are working from home, and many students are taking part in remote schooling. That means weeknight dinners need to be extra quick and easy. For the extra busy people on your shopping list, a Dinnerly Meal Kit will save them valuable time...and provide delicious, comforting meals. Dinnerly is a great choice, because its price point is quite low -- starting at just $4.29 per person! They lower the price without sacrificing on quality! To achieve this, Dinnerly uses the same quality ingredients as other Meal Kit services...but they use digital recipes in lieu of printed recipe cards, feature simple recipes with fewer ingredients, and utilize simple packaging. Recent meals offered included Shrimp Souvlaki Pita, Teriyaki Chicken & Snow Pea Stir Fry, and Skillet Ravioli "Lasagna."
There are several boxes to choose from: (1) a two-person box with 3, 4, or 5 meals and (2) a Family box, which contains 3, 4, or 5 meals for four people. Yes, Dinnerly is primarily a weekly subscription service...but gifting a single box isn't hard to do. Simply sign up for an account and pick a box using your gift recipient's address and name so the box goes to their address. However, use your payment information at checkout. Finally, select from a variety of week-specific meal recipes to include in their gift box. That's it...easy! Their Dinnerly box will arrive with prepped ingredients for each recipe you selected...ready to cook!
Disclosure: The manufacturers of the items featured in my 2020 Holiday Gift Guide for Food Lovers provided me with sample products to facilitate inclusion. Please be assured that I only recommend products to my readers that I have personally tied and liked. All opinions expressed are solely my own.